Unbundled brush (clippings and tree trimmings) is collected and recycled into wood mulch. Large quantities of brush resulting from the removal of more than two trees or land clearing will not be collected. For brush amounts of this size it is the homeowner’s responsibility to arrange for disposal. Brush is collected the same day as your trash collection day.
Schedule a Pickup
Brush collection requests are limited to 150 requests per service day in order to ensure that we complete daily service requests in a safe and timely manner. During periods of peak activity, your request may need to be scheduled for a later date. There are no pickups scheduled during Christmas Tree Collection (first two weeks of January).
Request a brush pickup online 24/7 or call (703) 228-6570, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (after hours select option 2). When making the request, please stay connected until you receive the confirmation message that will contain the scheduled date for your brush pickup. Requests made the same day of your trash collection day must be received by 6:30 a.m. to be processed for that day.
How to Prepare for Pickup
- Brush collection can only be done curbside and must be less than 18 inches in diameter and less than 10 feet long.
- Place brush curbside or in the street, not in the yard. Large amounts should be stacked parallel to the curb.
- There must be an overhead clearance of approximately 25 feet.
- Do not mix lumber or other trash with the brush.
- Do not put brush under low hanging power lines or tree limbs.
- Do not place brush by parked cars—the truck needs at least a 10-foot clearance from cars to avoid possible damage.
- Do not stack brush against any fixed objects such as poles, posts, fences, walls or buildings.
- Tree stumps cannot be collected as brush.