AHCA Meeting 2/28/23
Board Members present: Alex Stevens, President; Lisa Chesnel, Secretary; Kristina Dorville,, Shannon Bailey
Board Members missing: Scott Green and Heidi Ross, Vice President
Meeting was in person at the Arlington Baptist Church and online through Google Meets.
- Rosalind Reischer delivered a PowerPoint presentation in support of the Missing Middle on behalf YIMBYs (yes in my backyard) of NOVA
- Kristina Dorville spoke about a recent Arlington County CIVFED (Civic Federation) resolution around transparency regarding the Arlington County Board, “Resolution to Restore the Public’s Confidence in Arlington County Government”
- Diane Dunston and Kristina Dorville spoke about their work as a part of 16 civic association groups that are working together on the Missing Middle Initiative
- Arlington County Board is voting on the Missing Middle initiative at their March 18 Board meeting. If you haven’t already filled out the County’s current survey, it’s here: latest Arlington County government questionnaire on MM housing
You can write to the County Board (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Arlington Planning Commission is planning to hold a public hearing at 7 PM on March 6 regarding the Arlington County government’s current Missing Middle plan.
|Board Amends Missing Middle Draft Zoning Text Ahead of March HearingOn Wednesday, January 25, 2023, the Arlington County Board authorized public hearings in March on proposed Zonin…|
- Katie Cristol and Christian Dorsey aren’t running again for County Board. Several candidates have already announced they’re running.
- Bank of America–apparently everything was done as planned, but the construction will be a disruption to the neighborhood. We’ll pass along more information as we get it.
- Sunrise is forming a subgroup for its site plan review. We can have two reps, please let the board know if you’re interested.
- The community would like AHCA to update our website.
- The community would like an update on Alcova Heights Park renovation. Alex reached out the County.
- Shannon also serves on the Board of the Columbia Pike Partnership and spoke briefly about the latest meeting where the Arlington County Police spoke about two recent isolated gun incidents on the Pike (both reported in ArlNow)
- We are looking for a treasurer! We currently have $1,500 in our bank account, $3,000 in our PayPal account, and $400 in petty cash.